Please see below the latest letter from The Dental Contracting and Commissioning Team for contractors who achieved 96% or more in 2017/18, offering the opportunity to over perform by up to 120% in 2018/19.
ADDITIONAL UDA & UOA ACTIVITY IN WESSEX FOR 2018/19
For those contractors who achieved 96% or more in 2017/18 we are offering you the opportunity to over perform by up to 120% in 2018/19.
For those contractors who have not applied before for additional activity, the following criteria would need to be met in order for you to be able to over-perform in 2018/19:-
- NHS Choices – must be kept up to date, to ensure that new patients are able to access services. When applying, please provide evidence that your NHS Choices account is showing that you are able to take on new NHS patients.
- NHS Mail accounts in place – Please provide details of your NHS Mail accounts – both for staff members and generic for the practice. Please state a preference for the account to be used as this will be the account to which all future contractual correspondence will be sent, so you need to be accessing it regularly.
- Performance and quality indicators – Any breach notice issued in the last 3 years, any red flag on the latest Dental Assurance Framework monitoring report which NHS England – South (Wessex) considers to be a concern, or any current investigations into quality, performance or contractual concerns for your contract, may disqualify you from this offer.
Contractors who wish to continue delivering additional activity can factor this into their current work plan immediately, ensuring that the additional activity is achieved equally throughout the whole year, using their predicted achievement as at end of March 2018, as the 2018/19 baseline. Please note that, since there is no contract variation in relation to over performance, the original contract baseline still applies in terms of calculating year-end achievement, i.e. no contractor is contractually tied to delivering the same percentage of over performance as achieved in 2017/18. We would however, welcome advance notice of any variation to the agreed numbers of UDAs/UOAs in order to be able to redeploy this activity elsewhere if possible.
Contractors should confirm by Monday 14 May 2018 to email@example.com – the subject header to state ADDITIONAL UDAs/UOAs:
- That the practice meets all the minimum requirements detailed above, and
- The percentage of additional activity the practice is predicted or likely to deliver.
Thank you for your continued commitment and your co-operation in this matter.
The Dental Contracting and Commissioning Team