On behalf of the Dental Team:
As you are aware from previous communication, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) have introduced a PPE Portal that you are now able to obtain free PPE from. Although this was initially set up as an emergency supply where you were unable to obtain this from your usual supplier, as outlined in our Newsletter of 10 the PPE Portal has changed from being an ‘emergency top-up’ system to meeting your NHS COVID-19 PPE requirements. Eligible NHS primary care providers in England (including NHS dentists and orthodontists) should now order their PPE to meet the needs of their NHS patients through the Portal, free of charge. This was also detailed in several Primary Care Bulletin’s which we hope all practices have now signed up to receive. Although gowns were initially not available through the PPE Portal they now are and we have been informed FFP2 and FFP3 masks will be added shortly.
We have been advised there may have been some confusion amongst some providers who thought that receipt of the invitation to register email meant they were registered rather than them completing the registration process.
The latest guidance details what PPE items you can order (including order limits). Register and access the portal using your NHS BSA registered email. If you have any questions or difficulty registering or using the PPE Portal after following the instructions below, please call the PPE Portal customer service team on 0800 876 6802 (including if you think you should have been invited but have not been) which is available from 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week, to help resolve your queries.
Steps to getting free PPE
- If you are eligible, you’ll have received an email invite to the PPE portal (if you did not receive an email invite and hold an NHS contract, please contact the PPE Portal customer service team on 0800 876 6802
- Register with the email address the invite was sent to
- Receive a link to confirm registration
- Click on the link and create your password
- Order your COVID-19 PPE
- PPE is delivered directly to the address supplied to the PPE portal team by the NHS BSA